Terms & Conditions - Inventory Report Business
“The Client” means the person or company that has contracted Professional Inventories Ltd to carry out the services.
“The Company” means Professional Inventories a limited company registered in England and Wales (No. 08387052) at Successful Sutton, Market House, 216 -220 High Street, Sutton, SM1 1NU.
“The Services” means the taking of an inventory of the contents and condition of a property that maybe let to tenants and any other third party and such other services in addition to, or in substitution of, them as specified in these terms and conditions.
“Report” means a written document detailing the outcome of the provision of the Services produced by the Professional Inventories Ltd.
“Clerk” means the person approved and assigned by Professional Inventories Ltd to carry out the Services “Information” means the contents of the Report.
The client undertakes that they shall use the information provided in our Reports solely for the internal purpose of its own business and will:
1. Keep the Information strictly confidential.
2. Not publish all or any part of the information except in completed reports.
3. Not divulge or disclose all or any part of the Information to any third party other than for the sole purpose of property rental.
4. Permit access to the Information only to those of its officers or employees who need to know or use the same and ensure that such officers or employees comply with the above provisions.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Client will indemnify and keep fully indemnified its officers employees or other agents against any third party claim or action made or instituted against any of them in respect of any losses, damages cost or other expenses in connection therewith (including without limitation any payment by Professional Inventories Ltd on legal advice to settle any such claim or action) which is either due to the Client (by act or omission) rendering the Information inaccurate or incomplete or arises otherwise in connection with this agreement but (in connection only to the Client’s use of the Services) save to the extent that Professional Inventories Ltd is in default.
Acceptance of services is deemed to be an acceptance of the fees due and these terms and conditions.
The inventory will be a list of the furniture, fixtures, fittings and household and garden effects with a description of the state of decoration and condition of the interior and cleanliness at the premises.
All items on the inventory are assumed to be in good, clean and undamaged condition unless otherwise stated.
For the inspection, The Clerk will not move items of furniture or similar and the report will be based upon the visible condition of the fixtures, fittings and household effect.
The Inventory does not purport to be a report of value for the premises and or the contents therein, nor is it a guarantee of, or report of, the adequacy of, or safety of any equipment or contents. It is a list of such items within the premises and the superficial condition of the items and the decorative state of the premises.
The inventory may state when an item of furniture has been seen to have a label advising that it complies with Furniture and Furnishings (Fire and Safety) Regulation 1988, as amended 1993. It should not be assumed that other items not stated comply with this regulation. Compliance with the relevant UK Fire Regulations is the responsibility of the owner/managing agent not with Professional Inventories Ltd. It is recommended that all bedding, soft furnishing or any item which is filled/padded be checked that they comply with current regulations. Regulations on furniture purchased in foreign countries may not meet the UK standards. It is the Owner/Agents responsibility to ensure that all items adhere to relevant current UK regulations.
Electrical items will not be tested and we cannot be held responsible for any faults, etc. Professional Inventories Ltd will check for bulbs not working only in ceiling and wall light fittings.
Floor coverings, rugs and carpets will be inspected to the extent that they are sufficiently clean and any defects noted.
Bed linen, towels and similar items will be inspected to check that they have been freshly laundered and then counted. Heavily soiled items will be checked at the discretion of the clerk and noted.
Mattresses will be inspected where accessible and will not be examined if the bed is made up. For the inspection, The Clerk will not move and heavy items of furniture or similar. Professional Inventories Ltd reserves the right not to handle/move valuable ornaments. The report will be based upon the visible condition of the fixtures.
Professional Inventories Ltd will not include in the inventory, numbers and titles of books, plants, consumables, items which are packed for storage or miscellaneous items other than garden equipment.
Lofts, basements (cellars) for storage and their contents will not be listed in the Inventory. Nor will the Clerk undertake to search through overcrowded drawers or cupboards to locate items.
At the start / termination of the tenancy, receipts may be required to for items which need to have been professionally cleaned. These can be added to the report as required.
Windows are only checked to ensure that they are clean with no visible broken glass. It is the responsibility of the tenant to report any non opening windows to the Landlord/Managing Agent.
Intruder alarms and smoke detectors will be listed and are all untested, whether the report says so or not.
The Company reserves the right to apply an additional charge when unnecessary time is incurred, because the Clerk is unable to locate any items which have been moved throughout the tenancy and have not been replaced in their original position.
The Company reserves the right to apply a charge when a Clerk is unable to gain access to the premises at an agreed time, or within 15 minutes thereafter. There will be no further obligation under the terms and condition save the entitlement to invoice the relevant party the proportion of the fee that would have been due had the instruction been completed.
The Company shall be entitled to charge a fee to the person or persons or company who has given the instruction. If the instructions are given by a letting agent this contract is deemed to be made between Professional Inventories Ltd and the letting agent as the principle and the invoice is rendered to be payable by the letting agent unless agreed in writing with The Company and signed by a Director.
Any offers, discounts, Price Match or similar can not be used in conjunction with any other offers, discounts, Price Match or similar. Only one offer, discount, Price Match or similar per person or per company unless agreed in writing with The Company and signed by a Director. Price Match offer can be declined by the company at any time without notice or reason given.
PAYMENT OF CHARGES
1. The Services requested by the Client will be charged to the Client at Professional Inventories Ltd standard rates from time to time in force. The Client will make payment of such charges within fourteen days of the date of The Companies invoice, unless specified on the invoice.
2. From time to time The Company will issue special offers. When a Client uses the services that are under special offer the client will make payment of such charges within seven days of the date of The Companies invoice. This type of invoice will highlight this clause.
3. Late payments of any invoice in accordance with PAYMENT OF CHARGES, points one and two above, will null and void all discounts, special rates and or offers agreed and the full cost of the services and associated charges will be payable within seven days of the updated invoice.
4. On all invoices overdue an admin charge will be levied of £30.00 + VAT per month or part there of per invoice.
5. The Company will charge interest of 5% above the Bank of England base rates on all overdue accounts on top of administration fee.
6. In the case that references are not provided or for any other reason, Professional Inventories Ltd reserve the right to charge for our services in advance by credit card or any form of cleared funds.
7. VAT is charged at the standard rate on all services.
- Studio – Single room incorporating lounge, dining and bed room and separate bathroom.
- 1 Bed – Living room, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, hallway
- 2 Bed – Living room, 2 x bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, hallway.
- 3 Bed – Living room, 3 x bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, hallway.
- 4 Bed – 2 x reception rooms, 4 x bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, hallway, garage.
- 5 Bed – 2 x reception rooms, 5 x bedroom, 2 x bathroom, kitchen, Utility room, hallway, garage.
The Company operates a “Price Match” offer from time to time, whereby The Company will offer to beat your current provider price. This offer is subject to the following conditions:
a. The Client must provide three invoices dated in the last 30 days from one particular supplier detailing the service carried out and the cost in full without discounts.
b. The services Price Match must be like for like including but not limited to property type, size, unfurnished-furnished, time of day and day of the week report was conducted and how the report was delivered – email or hard copy.
c. Payment for all services conducted under the Price Match or any other offer must be paid for in full at time of booking with The Company or cleared funds in the Companies nominated bank account within seven calendar days of report being carried out.
d. Price Match conditions also subject to clauses three, four and five in the PAYMENT OF CHARGES section above.
Price Match or any other offer can be withdrawn at any time without notice.
CANCELLATIONS/ OR NO SHOW
Professional Inventories Ltd reserves the right to make a charge of £30.00 + VAT for the cancellation of confirmed booking if cancellation is made on the day pf the booking.
A charge of £25.00 + VAT per half hour may be made for waiting time at the property beyond the confirmed time for the assignment due to late arrival of a Tenant or Agent, incorrect notified location of keys or documentation, or any delay in gaining access to the property beyond the control of the Clerk or the company.
1. In the event of either party being rendered unable wholly or it part by “For” to carry out its obligations under this agreement it is agreed that on that party giving notice of such “Force Majeure” to the other party with reasonable promptness the obligations of the party giving such notice so far as they are affected by such “Force Majeure” shall be suspended during the continuation of the same it being agreed that each party shall use all reasonable endeavours to remove or avoid such “Force Majeure” with all reasonable dispatch.
2. The term “Force Majeure” as used herein shall mean acts of god, strikes, lockouts or other industrial disturbances, acts of public enemy, wars, blockades, insurrections, riots, epidemics, landslides, lighting, earthquakes, fire, storm, civil disturbances, terrorism, governmental or quasi-governmental regulations and directions and any other cause not within the reasonable control of the party claiming suspension all of which by the exercise of due diligence such party is unable to prevent.
3. In the event that the obligations of either party are suspended (as aforesaid) by reason of “Force Majeure” for a period in excess of 30 days then either party to this agreement may on giving written notice to the other terminate this agreement.
COPYRIGHT & TRADEMARKS
The contents of our web site professionalinventories.co.uk the company name, logo and strap line “Protecting Agents, Landlords & Tenants” is, unless otherwise stated, the property of Professional Inventories Ltd and contains confidential information and is therefore protected by UK and International Copyright and Trademark laws. All rights in respect of that copyright are reserved. No part of the web site may be copied or reproduced by you save for the temporary copies made for the purpose of downloading the web site.
Site to which you link to through this site are independent of this site over which Professional Inventories Ltd does not exercise any control. Professional Inventories Ltd does not accept any liability in respect of your use of inability to use any linked site in respect of the content of such sites.